The Research Staff Association are holding a session with Karen Heaton, the Director of HR for the University of Manchester, about how the university helps contract researchers at the university. This session is intended for UoM researchers on fixed-term contracts (or on open-ended contracts subject to fixed term funding) and aims to give an overview of:
- What should happen towards the end of your contract
- Redeployment: what is it, who is eligible and how it works
- Extended access for researchers between contracts: access to your UoM email and some library resources
- Open-ended contracts: eligibility
- Contacts and where to get further information
Thursday 19th March, Simon Building Lecture Theatre E, 12:30-13:30
See your staff e-mail for more info and details on how to register your intent to attend.
The RSA will then be holding a social at Kro bar, Oxford Road, from 17:00. All are welcome!