“Enterprising Scientists: Developing Value and Opportunities”
Do you want to…
- Learn about enterprise opportunities in academia, large firms as well as in high-tech start-ups?
- Gain skills to communicate in an effective manner in industry contexts?
What’s in it for me?
- Understand how important ‘enterprise’ is in turning an idea into an innovation in a university setting, a large corporation and SME.
- Enrich your career prospects by engaging with enterprising scientists and industry speakers
What will it involve?
- Direct interactions with industry
- Learning by doing approach, including industry case studies and group works
- Business idea development
The workshop is intended for early career researchers (post-doc researchers and final year PhD students) in scientific and engineering disciplines, who are interested in industry and enterprising career and commercialising research. No participation fee is required.
Registration forms have been circulated across University mailing lists, and these should be returned to Sobhan.Drugan@manchester.ac.uk.
The places are limited to maximum 25 participants. The programme is a 2-day non-residential workshop (24-25 March, Harold Hankins Building, Manchester Business School).
For more info on HEKATE visit http://hekate-project.eu/